The National Capital Region (NCR), which includes New Delhi as well as urban areas surrounding it in neighboring states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan, is a leading tech hub in India. This region is home to several international technology companies and start-ups, giving it one of the largest and most vibrant communities of women technologists in the country.
Now is your chance to be a part of it!
ABI.Delhi-NCR (#ABIdotDel) is our new initiative to build a local community that connects women technologists and tech organizations in this region and inspires women to pursue long-term careers in technical fields. ABI.Delhi-NCR will allow women technologists including professionals and students to build their networks, discover opportunities and receive guidance to advance their careers in technology.
The Anita Borg Institute (ABI) India and ABI.Delhi-NCR are pleased to invite you to our first event, a networking reception on August 27, 2015 in New Delhi from 8:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Please join us for a day of learning and networking, focused on advancing a gender diverse technology workforce in New Delhi and the NCR. Come hear our keynote speaker and learn from our panel of leading CEOs. You will also have the opportunity to attend leadership, technology and career development sessions.
ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Diplomatic Enclave, Sardar Patel Marg, New Delhi 110 021, India
Who should attend?
- Technical women professionals from organizations, government and academia
- Women undergraduate and graduate students from computing and technology backgrounds
The registrations for the networking reception on August 27, 2015 have been closed. If you have not received a response on the status of your registration so far, we shall be getting in touch with you shortly. You will receive an email from the ABI India team.
|8:45 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.||Registrations|
|10:00 a.m. to 10:10 a.m.||Welcome note by Geetha Kannan, Managing Director, ABI India|
|10:10 a.m. to 10:55 a.m.||Keynote speaker:
Debjani Ghosh, Vice President, Sales and Marketing Group, Managing Director, South Asia – Intel Corporation
|11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|| CEO panel discussion on Unconscious Bias by:
– Dr. Anita Gupta, Director/Scientist -F and Associate Head-NSTEDB, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
– Bhaskar Pramanik, Chairman – Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd
– Sandhya Vasudevan, Managing Director & Chief Operating Officer, Deutsche Bank Group India
– Sanjay Rishi, President – American Express, South Asia
– Geetha Kannan, Managing Director, Anita Borg Institute India (Moderator)
|12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.||A workshop by theater group –Steps on sensitization of gender diversity issues|
|1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.||Networking lunch|
|2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.||Network Equality Paves the Way for Digital India: Session by Mishi Choudhary, Executive Director of Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC)|
|2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.|| Big Data Analytics panel discussion by:
– Ankit Khanna, Sr. Vice President, Product Management – Snapdeal.com
– Aparna Gupta, Managing Director, India – FirstRain, Inc
– Ravi Kothari, Chief Scientist – IBM Research, India
– Soma Biswas, Vice President of Products, Big Data Labs, American Express
|3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.||Personal Branding: a leadership session by Anand Pillai, Managing Director – Leadership Matters Inc|
|5:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.||Tea/coffee and informal Q&A with Anand Pillai|
|5:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||Wrap up|