Nominations are closed.
The Technical Leadership ABIE Award is our most prestigious award and celebrates a woman who led or developed a product, process, or innovation that made a notable impact on business or society. Eligible nominees must work on projects that require deep technical knowledge and must demonstrate a commitment to increasing the representation of women in technology. Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation on their work and accomplishments at the conference. The award includes a prize of $12,000.
The award is presented to a woman technologist who inspires the women’s technology community through outstanding technological contributions. Nominees are evaluated based on the following:
- Contributions to technology: The nominee has demonstrated leadership by undertaking sustained technical work that covers important new ground. Consider the breadth, depth, and sustained nature of her work as a technologist and a leader in her field.
- Overall Impact: The technical contributions of the nominee have strongly impacted business or society.
- Impact on the community of women in tech: The nominee has deliberately acted to increase women’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology.
You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee (third letter is optional)
- Endorsers should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which that endorser can attest to and place in context.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words)
- A two to three page statement of merit from the nominator
- Nominators are preferably recognized members of the community who are not from the same organization as the candidate and who can address the candidate’s contributions outside their organization.
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Horizontal high resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG)
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PT: Deadline to submit nominations