Nominations are closed.
Representation of women in technology is a global issue. The Change Agent ABIE Award honors an outstanding international woman (non-U.S. resident with an emphasis on developing countries) who created or expanded opportunities for girls and women in technology. Nominations are encouraged for professional women regardless of their age or education level. The recipient is honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The award covers the winner’s expenses to attend the conference and includes a prize of $7,000.
- Demonstrate leadership within their communities
- Expand opportunities for and influence the careers of girls and women in technology
- Demonstrate social, cultural, and behavioral impact on advancing women’s participation in technology
- Are recognized locally and have the ability to make gender and technology a regional/national issue
You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee (third letter is optional)
- Endorsers should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which that endorser can attest to and place in context.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words)
- A two to three page statement of merit from the nominator
- Nominators are preferably recognized members of the community who are not from the same organization as the candidate and who can address the candidate’s contributions outside their organization.
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Horizontal high resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG)
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PT: Deadline to submit nominations