We are seeking a Business Development Account Executive to join our team in Palo Alto.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and expanding annual financial support for the Anita Borg Institute in the key areas of national (U.S.-based) and international (India-based) event sponsorships, new partner recruitment, existing partner and sponsor renewals, partner account management and new lead generation.
- Secure event sponsors for all ABI programs
- Secure new ABI partners and renew existing partners
- Account manage a set of ABI partners and sponsors
- Add new event sponsors through new and innovative fundraising technologies including on-line recruitment, social channels, web platforms, local and national events, and demand generation initiatives (in conjunction with marketing)
- Enter and update opportunities into ABI’s Salesforce CRM
- Contribute to the refinement of systems and processes to help automate event sponsors and partners
- Demonstrate excellence in public speaking, negotiating, diplomatic savvy and relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA or advanced technical degree a plus)
- Proven track record in prior sales or business development, including the ability to meet annual sales goals
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking, negotiating and relationship management
- Must be self-driven with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Professional, versatile and collaborative with a committed work ethic
- Dedication and passion for learning and communicating ABI’s mission and vision
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities while managing timelines, multiple tasks and deadlines effectively
In addition a rewarding compensation package, Anita Borg Institute offers medical, dental and vision coverage to employees and eligible dependents. Other benefits include paid holidays, a generous PTO plan and a work-from-home schedule.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Anita Borg Institute
The Anita Borg Institute (ABI) was founded in 1994 by renowned computer scientist Anita Borg, Ph.D. (1949-2003). ABI envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies they build it for. We connect, inspire and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.