Job Title: Program Manager, Organizational Transformation
Executive Programs or Guidance Programs
Job Type: Full-time employee
The Anita Borg Institute (ABI) is actively seeking an experienced Program Manager to join our growing Organizational Transformation (OT) team. As a Program Manager, you will be an integral team member of the OT Content and Programming Team, also supporting the OT programming within the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) for Women in Computing, the world’s largest conference for women technologists. The work environment at ABI is very fast paced, ever-changing, always innovative, and highly cross functional. The culture at ABI has a very entrepreneurial feel – feeling more like a high tech startup than a traditional nonprofit organization. If based in the Bay Area, the employee will work two days a week in our Palo Alto office and three days a week remotely.
The Program Manager will lead or support multiple programs within the Organizational Transformation team.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have excellent program management and multi-tasking skills, great communication skills, experience working with and in cross-functional teams, have the ability to be flexible, and must be proactive. This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional with diverse program management background, expertise, and experience working with senior to executive-level constituents, outreach, and engagement experience. The candidate must be comfortable with multitasking and have excellent organizational skills.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a key member of the OT Programs team in the overall development and execution of executive or guidance programs and projects focused on organizational transformation, gender equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Effectively lead or support multiple projects concurrently with a focus on deadlines, details, and documentation.
- Experience managing project execution in a deadline-driven environment.
- Manage the development and implementation of multiple projects/programs concurrently (2-3 high level projects/programs within the Organizational Transformation team).
- Contribute to the knowledge base of the fundamental research, data, and issues related to recruiting, retention, and advancement of women technologists.
- Help create documentation and processes that help inter and intra-department efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage Keynotes/Plenaries and Special Programs within the Organizational Transformation & Executive Tracks at the Grace Hopper Celebration conference.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments responsible for collectively executing the Grace Hopper Celebration, including Business Development, Programs, Marketing, Systems, and Finance.
- Contribute to building a diverse and inclusive culture within OT and external programming.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Program management and research
- Experience in event planning
- Proactive with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with co-workers, clients, and management
- A team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and think strategically
- Customer-service oriented
- Self-motivated, punctual, reliable and cooperative
- Expertise and experience working with executives and senior leaders in technical, academic or nonprofit communities
- A passion for ABI’s mission and ability to relate to the broader community of women technologists is a must
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The qualifications below are the education, experience, and abilities required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Four or more years of work experience in program/project management, or in an operations role
- Routine and occasional travel requires sitting in a vehicle for moderate periods of time.
- Walking or standing within office area is routinely required; bending, kneeling, and stretching may be required for the operation of equipment.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally push or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision, color vision.
- Job duties are performed in an office and home office using standard office equipment such as a computer, printer, scanner, and telephone.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Work remotely three days a week and in-office in Palo Alto two days a week or remotely if based out of state with occasional travel to the Palo Alto office and other offsite meetings.
- Opportunity to be part of the world’s largest gathering of women technologists at the Grace Hopper Celebration
- Opportunity to learn interesting content from subject matter experts
- Opportunity to play a significant role in programs that help retain and advance women technologists
- Build program management skills
- Work remotely three days a week and in-office in Palo Alto two days a week or remotely if based out of state
Qualified candidates passionate about closing the gender gap in computer science should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate Program Manager, OT in the subject line.
About Anita Borg Institute
The Anita Borg Institute (ABI) envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.