ABI is looking for a talented Creative Leader to join our Marketing team. Specifically, we seek a strategic, solution driven creative talent, to lead a small team and drive our visual design and brand across multiple channels and touchpoints. We are looking for a passionate designer and visual storyteller with strong conceptual skills and an articulate leader who can inspire and collaborate across the organization.
The Creative Lead will report to the head of Marketing and work closely with the Director of Marketing Communications and ABI Program managers to meet mission, marketing, brand and business objectives. This role requires broad experience with visual storytelling, event visuals, digital experiences, social media, print, inbound marketing and branding.
The role of the Creative Leader is to deliver compelling creative work in support of ABI’s mission and programs. As the creative lead in marketing, you’ll be expected to find innovative ways to drive community engagement amplify our mission and communicate our impact in compelling and creative ways. The Creative Lead is also instrumental in continually shaping and evolving the brand.
- Provide high-level creative strategy, brand stewardship and executional oversight for all creative and deliverables across social, digital, print and experiential touchpoints
- Lead and direct the creative team in the execution of projects from concept to completion for a wide range of marketing outputs from short-form video and interactive web experiences to a variety of social content and experiential activations
- Partner closely with our Marketing Communications team to build a consistent brand experience across multiple touch-points and multiple mediums
- Establish a process for creative development that starts with strategic requirements, leverages customer insights, timely input from stakeholders, and effective collaboration across the organization
- Manage a small creative team for content development, copywriting, visual storytelling, and digital/web design
You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to operate at any level as necessary. You can develop a creative brief, build trust and understanding with business partners, listen and understand before taking action, work collaboratively and have great presentation skills.
- Manage and mentor a small creative team and tracks of work
- Take initiative and ownership in leading creative team and projects from concept to completion
- Plan and estimate for more complex projects
- Define, evolve, and become an expert on the brand look & feel, voice & tone
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative visual solutions that meet program and business needs
- Conceptualize, visualize, and design digital user experiences
- Extend existing visual systems/brand guidelines across all mediums with appropriate design extensions or interpretation
- Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- 7-10 years experience in design, marketing, or advertising with at least 2 years at the managerial level
- A portfolio displaying exceptional creative, conceptual, and visual design
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize creatively and see the concept through to execution whether you’re leading a team or executing yourself
- Demonstrated ability to lead creative individuals to deliver great work
- Experience developing and implementing branding systems
- Strong communication design sensibilities and an understanding of how composition, information hierarchy, color theory and typography (print/web) work together to drive home a message
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to art direct photo-shoots, photography, videography, and post production (photo editing and retouching for print and online)
- Strong understanding of current digital technologies including design software and interactive technology
- Team player; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with individuals from other departments; ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to internal “clients”
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading a team of graphic designers and writers
Qualified candidates should apply to email@example.com.
About Anita Borg Institute
The Anita Borg Institute (ABI) envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, it is essential to expand communications concerning the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech and promoting solutions to increase inclusion. As the leading advocate for women in tech, ABI provides key influencers, organizations and individual women technologists with insight about the challenges that women face in technical careers, why this matters, the stories of women who are succeeding and the solutions necessary to build inclusive work environments. Through creative and compelling communications to key influencers, the press and stakeholders in the broader tech and business communities, we can drive awareness of this important issue and effect change.