ABI works with many organizations committed to advancing women and technology. They bring together and support women in technology. We encourage you to visit their sites and participate in their programs.
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Committee on the Status of Women in Computing Research (CRA-W)
- National Center for Women and Technology (NCWIT)
- Richard Tapia Diversity in Computing Conference
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Women in Information Technology International (WITI)
TechLeaders workshops explore the future of technology and develop technical women’s leadership skills, networks and resources to help them navigate all stages of their careers and advance ABI’s mission. Share the knowledge. Find quality advice in TechLeader’s Reading List and in past workshop’s notes.
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS)
- CRAW: Committee on the Status of Women in Computing Research
- National Academies Committee on Women in Science, Engineering, and Medicine
- CalTech’s Women Center
- MIT Gender Equity Project
- Center for Women in Research, Tsuda Women’s College, Japan
- Mentoring-in-a-Box: Women in Industry ABI partnered with NCWIT to create this toolkit which will help women and men in industry start and sustain a purposeful and rewarding mentoring relationship.
- Mentoring in Academia: ABI’s review of the resources and best practices for mentoring at various levels of the academic ladder.
- MentorNet: An ABI Affiliate is an online mentoring program
- Techbridge’s mentoring guide Get Involved.
- Dr. Joan’s Mentoring Book Straight Talk About Taking Charge of Your Career
- Sun Mentoring 1996-2009 technical report by Katy Dickinson, Tanya Jankot and Helen Gracon
- Dots2Connect Mentoring Programs Toolkit by Ilieva Ageenko
PDKSciArt: A series of posters which challenge the stereotypes of women in science and technology. Its goal is to radically change the image and encourage young girls to engage in a scientific path.
Image of Computing TaskForce
ABI Board of Director member Rick Rashid, Sr. VP of Research at Microsoft, Co-Chairs this national coordination effort to expose a realistic view of opportunities in computing.
Work for an ABI Partner. They are committed to advancing women and technology.
ABI articles on job hunting:
- Building Resilience for Hard Times
- How to Write a Technical Resume
- 20 TIPS FOR IMPROVING YOUR RESUME
Job Hunting with Social Media by social media coach Janet Fouts. Loaded with useful ideas and links. More useful web sites can be found by browsing our bookmarks on Delicious: