You can make a difference in the life of another woman in IT. NetHope’s Women’s TechConnect Mentoring Program pairs women in IT in emerging markets with a woman IT professional in North America, Africa or Europe who can offer career development support. NetHope has partnered with Accenture and Anita Borg Institute (ABI) to provide a network of technical women for the global mentoring program.
As a mentor, you will connect with a woman working in IT in emerging markets in countries all over the world. You will offer support and the benefit of your experience navigating IT as a woman, and sharing your management, leadership and professional development experience. Your role will be to support her in achieving her professional goals, help her build her confidence, provide guidance in solving business problems, support her with work/life balance, and provide encouragement and support as she develops her career.
The 12-month, one-on-one Mentoring Program involves:
- Completing an online matching questionnaire
- Being paired with a woman professional who is working in the IT field
- Communicating with your protégé via email every two-weeks (approximately 2 hour commitment per month)
- Talking by voice or video (eg. Skype) at least once per month
- Participating in NetHope monthly webinars online.
- Committing to 12-months of engagement with your mentor
- Completing periodic surveys about the impact of the program on your life.
Help another woman in IT unlock her potential. Join NetHope’s Women’s TechConnect program as a mentor!
Matching has started, and women are waiting to connect with you! Click here to sign-up today and Get Connected!