Systers™: Pass-It-On Awards Program
The Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of technical women helping one another. The cash awards, funded by donations from the Systers Online Community, are intended as means for women established in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass-It-On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award.
Pass-it-on Award applications are open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing. Awards are open to women in all countries and range from $500.00 to $1000.00 USD. Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
Spring 2013 PIO Award Cycle OPENS Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:00 noon PST (UT-8).
Spring 2013 PIO Award Cycle
- Applications OPEN, Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:00 noon PST (UT-8). (Click here –>”Submit a PIO application” or on the right side bar.)
- Applications close Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 12:00 noon PST (UT-8).
- Reference letters due Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM PST (UT-8).
- Send letters by email to: passiton-2013spring at systers dot org
- Fall 2012 Pass-it-on Award Winners
- Reports due Wednesday, June 6, 2013. Submit by email to: passiton-2012fall at systers dot org