The Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping one another. The cash awards, funded by donations from the Systers Online Community and others, are intended as means for women established in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass-It-On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award.
Pass-it-on Award applications are open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing. Awards are open to women in all countries and range from $500.00 to $1000.00 USD. Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Partial funding source for technical conferences.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
Our Spring 2015 PIO Award winners were announced!
PIO Fall 2015 Applications are CLOSED. Check back in January when Spring 2016 will open.
You may donate online through Paypal. Paypal is an authorized payment processor for the Anita Borg Institute and accepts all major credit cards.
You may also donate by mailing a check to the Anita Borg Institute.
Attn: Systers Pass-It-On Awards
Anita Borg Institute
1501 Page Mill Road, MS 1105
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Make checks payable to the Anita Borg Institute.