The Technical Leadership ABIE Award is our most prestigious award and celebrates a woman who led or developed a product, process, or innovation that made a notable impact on business or society. Eligible nominees must work on projects that require deep technical knowledge and must demonstrate a commitment to increasing the representation of women in technology. Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation on their work and accomplishments at the conference. The award includes a prize of $12,000.
The award is presented to a woman technologist who inspires the women’s technology community through outstanding technological contributions.
Potential nominees have:
- Increased the impact of women on technology through her leadership
- Undertaken work that has covered new ground
- Increased women’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in the technology arena
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PDT: Deadline to submit nominations