If you are an undergraduate or graduate student, you can nominate yourself for the Student of Vision ABIE Award. This award honors young women dedicated to creating a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for which they build it. Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The award includes a prize of $7,000
- Create a 1-3 minute original and creative video. The video should help viewers understand what your vision is for the future of students like you. Check out our guidelines for more details.
- The award winner will be chosen by a selection committee and notifications will be sent.
- The 2017 Student of Vision ABIE Award will be presented at the Grace Hopper Celebration.
Want to see what a successful submission video looks like? Check out last year’s top submissions.
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PDT: Deadline to submit nominations
More About the Award
The Student of Vision ABIE Award recognizes and celebrates a undergraduate or graduate student who has a unique vision of how technology innovation can solve important problems, and how inspiring more women in technology enables meaningful innovation.
The Student of Vision is passionate about impactful technologies or inspires others to help build them.
At ABI, we believe technology innovation powers the global economy, and that women are crucial to building technology the world needs. What’s your perspective?
We seek productions that bring to life your vision and pose unique, thought-provoking ideas.
Looking for inspiration? Check out the video from last year’s winner!
Each submission will be judged by the selection committee prior to the event on:
- The extent to which it inspires, teaches or demonstrates the vision in a memorable way
- Showcases the potential of technology