The Social Impact ABIE Award recognizes individuals who have made a positive impact on women, technology, and society. Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The award includes a prize of $5,000.
The award winner can be recognized for a wide variety of reasons. Nominees may have developed a particular technology that motivated social change and the empowerment of women; or increased women’s influence and decision-making ability about technology.
Potential nominees’ social impact is measured by:
- The amount of women’s increased empowerment through the technology or The amount of women’s increased influence over technology
- The degree and type of social change
- The sustainability and scalability of the efforts
- Level of innovation and visibility of social change
Nominees may be an individual or a team, and male or female.
- February 2016: Nominations open
- May 4, 2016 5:00 p.m. PDT: Deadline to submit nominations extended from April 20
- End of July 2016: Notifications will be sent to nominators