The Social Impact ABIE Award recognizes those making a positive impact on women, technology and society. Nominees may have developed technology that caused social change or empowered women and increased their influence. Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The award includes a prize of $7,000.
The award winner can be recognized for a wide variety of reasons. Nominees may have developed a particular technology that motivated social change and the empowerment of women; or increased women’s influence and decision-making ability about technology.
Potential nominees’ social impact is measured by:
- The amount of women’s increased empowerment through the technology or The amount of women’s increased influence over technology
- The degree and type of social change
- The sustainability and scalability of the efforts
- Level of innovation and visibility of social change
Nominees may be an individual or a team, and male or female.
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PDT: Deadline to submit nominations