The Change Agent ABIE Award recognizes an outstanding international woman (non-U.S. resident with an emphasis on developing countries) who has created opportunities for girls and women in technology. Nominations are encouraged for professional women regardless of their age or education level. Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The award covers the winners’ expenses to attend the conference and includes a prize of $5,000.
- Demonstrate leadership within their communities
- Expand opportunities for and influence the careers of girls and women in technology
- Demonstrate impact on advancing women’s participation in technology
- Show how their participation in the Grace Hopper Celebration will support their work to promote active participation of women in technology
- February 2016: Nominations open
- May 4, 2016 5:00 p.m. PDT: Deadline to submit nominations extended from April 20
- End of July 2016: Notifications will be sent to nominators