Representation of women in technology is a global issue. The Change Agent ABIE Award honors an outstanding international woman (non-U.S. resident with an emphasis on developing countries) who created or expanded opportunities for girls and women in technology. Nominations are encouraged for professional women regardless of their age or education level. The recipient is honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The award covers the winner’s expenses to attend the conference and includes a prize of $7,000.
- Demonstrate leadership within their communities
- Expand opportunities for and influence the careers of girls and women in technology
- Demonstrate impact on advancing women’s participation in technology
- Show how their participation in the Grace Hopper Celebration will support their work to promote active participation of women in technology
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PDT: Deadline to submit nominations