The ABIE Award for Technology Entrepreneurship recognizes a woman who is the builder of an innovative, ground-breaking, and game-changing technology venture startup (within a larger organization or not).
She takes direct responsibility for turning an idea into a profitable finished product through assertive risk taking and innovation. She provides a strong role model for young women coming up the pipeline; she turns technologies into viable businesses, transforms markets and creates change.
The award includes a prize of $7,000.
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PDT: Deadline to submit nominations
- Established track record: The nominee has demonstrated exemplary leadership traits by starting and operating a new business, turning technologies into viable startups, transforming markets and creating change. She motivates employees and team members and has a tangible track record to show it. Demonstrates success at implementing or promoting technology, developing and deploying innovative products, creative processes or new business models.
- Impact: nominee has leveraged leadership to increase women’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology. She is working to support and develop the next generation of powerful entrepreneurs.
- Award would make a difference: consider two factors: 1) how much would receiving the award positively affect the nominee and her career? 2) How much would the recognition of the nominee as a role model and mentor by her having received the award positively affect the community of technical women?
- Recognized role model: The nominee is recognized as a role model by her community or more broadly; she may have been recognized formally or not.