The A. Richard Newton Educator ABIE Award recognizes educators for developing innovative teaching practices and approaches that attract girls and women to computing, engineering, and math in K-12 or undergraduate education. The award includes a prize of $7,000.
The A. Richard Newton Educator ABIE Award honors the life and career of A. Richard Newton (1951-2007). Newton was a professor and dean of the College of Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, a pioneer in electronic design automation and integrated circuit design, and a visionary leader in the technology industry.
Potential nominees are:
- Either an individual or a team of educators
- Making a positive impact in K12 or undergraduate education in the areas of computing, engineering, and/or math
- Recognized for developing innovative and new teaching practices, techniques or education approaches that attract girls and women to these subjects
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PDT: Deadline to submit nominations