The Anita Borg Institute is looking for a motivated team member to join us as we continue to build out the finance team. You will report to the VP of Finance and will play an active role in building the financial systems for the next phase of growth. Be a part of the team working to transform technology by ensuring that the people who build technology mirror the people who use it! You will work 2 days a week in our Palo Alto office and 3 days a week remotely.
- Maintain and improve a detailed financial model that tracks and analyzes revenue and its drivers as well as functional costs and their impact on the organization’s overall performance.
- Perform assigned duties in support of the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range strategic planning.
- Provide operational analysis and reporting and drive improvements to operating expense efficiency and forecasting in conjunction with business partners.
- Ensure timely and accurate development of monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts, variance analysis, budgets, and quarterly guidance estimates.
- Assume full responsibility for data integrity of planning and forecasting system.
- Play a key role in compiling and reviewing company’s key metrics dashboard with a focus on aligning the format and content with our business model.
- Perform assigned duties and manage frequent ad hoc projects to support senior management and business decisions.
- Partner with stakeholders to scale our reporting and forecasting capabilities.
- Partner with Human Resources to track and report headcount and manage the cost of departmental organizational structures. Incorporate up-to-date information and changes into budget and forecast.
- Identify areas of improvement in process and tools, provide recommendations and drive implementation.
- Portray leadership skills to provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to staff at all levels.
- Lead the execution of monthly close, ensuring proper accounting, in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain strong internal controls.
- Provide high quality information, reporting and support to the external CPA firm on audit and tax filing.
- Perform additional responsibilities in support of the mission of the organization as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; CPA a plus
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in accounting and finance
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and strong skills with complete MS Office suite
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to of build and execute a vision
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential data with maturity and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, service orientation, active listening and critical thinking skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high volume environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality of work products
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership combined with a passion for excellent customer service
Qualified candidates passionate about closing the gender gap in computer science should email a cover letter with current and desired compensation and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Financial Analyst in the subject line.
About Anita Borg Institute
The Anita Borg Institute (ABI) envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, it is essential to expand communications concerning the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech and promoting solutions to these issues. As the leading advocate for women in tech, ABI provides key influencers, organizations and individual women technologists with insight about the challenges that women face in technical careers, why this matters, the stories of women who are succeeding and the solutions necessary to build inclusive work environments. Through creative, integrated communications to key influencers, the press, and stakeholders in the broader tech and business communities, we can drive awareness of this important issue and promote change.