Be a part of the team working to transform technology by ensuring that the people who build technology mirror the people who use it! You will work two days a week in our Palo Alto office and three days a week remotely.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Partner Engagement and Success, the Director of Partner Engagement and Success is responsible for leading and managing programs, products, and operations for over 68 ABI partner companies. Responsibilities include continual improvement of the partner engagement model, overseeing product satisfaction, governing partner operations meetings, working directly on a set of assigned partners, and tracking execution of ABI’s partner program elements. This position also manages the reporting of key metrics and uses data analytics to create actionable insights.
A critical component of this role is the ability to work closely with a set of external partner companies, and internal ABI departments, including Business Development, Marketing, Organizational Transformation, GHC, Finance, and HR, ensuring our partners are consistently addressed across the organization.
This role will interface with key influencers and decision makers.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
Planning and Execution
- Own the ultimate success of ABI’s partners, including partner onboarding, implementation outcomes, business value creation, retention, and renewal
- Ensure that partners derive maximum value from their engagement with ABI
- Outline partner critical success factors, success measures, issues, and recommended solutions
- Interact cross-functionally to assure results are achieved
- Demonstrate self-starter capabilities to drive partner success in complex business and technology deployments
- Juggle numerous partners and internal and external programs simultaneously and meet internal and external deadlines and commitments
- Create and motivate others to focus on partner success and growth
- Manage partner expectations and needs to ensure the highest levels of satisfaction
- Participate in developing and implementing processes and tools to create an amazing partner experience and drive business metrics (including and not limited to a partner communications plan)
- Determine calculate and interpret key metrics
Measures of Success
- Achievement of determined partner retention rate
- Achievement of determined net-promoter score
- Achievement of determined low number of partner escalations
- Delivery of high quality operational metrics for team
- Delivery of partner program commitments in a high quality manner
- Delivery of high quality partner tracking metrics
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A seasoned and mature leader with at least seven years of broad programmatic, partnership, and operational experience, the Director of Partner Engagement and Success will have the following attributes:
- Proven ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and strengthen personal skills based on an evolving organizational landscape
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership ability, employing a flexible style
- Experience in successfully partnering with IT staff to manage critical tools and systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Passion for the Anita Borg Institute’s mission, and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
The qualifications below are the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business; Master’s degree or MBA desirable
- Five years experience as a customer success leader
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Routine and frequent travel requires driving and sitting in a car for moderate periods of time
- Walking or standing within office area is routinely required; bending, kneeling, and stretching may be required for the operation of equipment
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job duties are performed in an office and home office using standard office equipment such as a computer, printer, scanner, and telephone
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
Qualified candidates passionate about closing the gender gap in computer science should email a resume and a well-written cover letter that includes current and desired compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Director, Partner Engagement and Success in the subject line.
About Anita Borg Institute
The Anita Borg Institute (ABI) envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, it is essential to expand communications concerning the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech and promoting solutions to these issues. As the leading advocate for women in tech, ABI provides key influencers, organizations, and individual women technologists with insight about the challenges that women face in technical careers, why this matters, the stories of women who are succeeding and the solutions necessary to build inclusive work environments. Through creative, integrated communications to key influencers, the press, and stakeholders in the broader tech and business communities, we can drive awareness of this important issue and promote change.