ABI is looking for a talented Communication Design Specialist to join our marketing team. The role is highly collaborative, at the nexus of Programs, Events, Business Development, and Marketing. Together with our Creative Team and Director of Marketing Communications, you will design visual communications across digital, physical and experiential platforms, evolve our brand expression, and engage in brainstorms and discussions involved in the implementation of our programs. You will be an integral member of a small marketing team working in through storytelling, thought leadership, infographics, graphic design, web design, videography and photography to articulate the Anita Borg Institute mission and impact.
ABI is committed to building a team rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply, and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
You will work both cross-functionally and as a key member of our small, but mighty, marketing team. You’ll lead design projects, craft compelling creative content and develop compelling visual elements across a range of communications platforms – digital/web, print, social, experiential, film, photography, email and more.
- Marketing/Business development collateral (program sheets, presentations)
- Infographics and data visualization
- Event-related physical assets (programs, banners, etc.)
- Email design (editorial and promotional)
- UI/iconography/page layout for websites and mobile event apps
- Production management (spec’ing collateral, working with vendors)
- 2+ years of design experience across a variety of media (print, web, mobile)
- A portfolio displaying a range of conceptual and visual design
- BA in graphic design, web design, visual design, new media or similar
- Stellar type and layout skills, and the ability to discern “good” from “great”
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint, etc
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies (CSS, Responsive Web Design, HTML)
- Experience in production (attention to detail, proofing, press checks)
- High level of responsiveness and output (both quality and quantity) in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and optimistic, creative and open-minded — this is a mission-driven nonprofit, and we’re open to new approaches and new ideas for inspiring our stakeholders and communicating our impact!
- Comfortable with UX design/thinking
- Experience collaborating with internal clients (execs, program managers, etc.)
- Conceptual design and prototyping skills (digital, physical, layout, etc)
- Non-digital design skills (illustration, photography, videography)
Qualified candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Anita Borg Institute
The Anita Borg Institute (ABI) envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, it is essential to expand communications concerning the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech and promoting solutions to these issues. As the leading advocate for women in tech, ABI provides key influencers, organizations and individual women technologists with insight about the challenges that women face in technical careers, why this matters, the stories of women who are succeeding and the solutions necessary to build inclusive work environments. Through creative, integrated communications to key influencers, the press, and stakeholders in the broader tech and business communities, we can drive awareness of this important issue and promote change.