We are seeking an Account Manager to join our team in Palo Alto!
We have experienced high growth in our programs in the last 5 years, and are preparing for scaling our program offerings and customer base, within the U.S. and internationally. The Account Manager will be responsible for maintaining annual financial support for the Anita Borg Institute’s national (U.S.-based) event sponsorship sales and renewals.
- Help maintain/grow current relationships with customers for all Anita Borg Institute programs and partner programs
- Problem solve, handle customer requests and issues, and ensure customers are knowledgeable about upcoming ABI dates and programs
- Update and maintain opportunities within the CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Contribute to the refinement of systems and processes to help automate the event sponsors and partners tracking and registration; assist with receivables and billing issues with our partners and sponsors
- Support the Business Development sales team by assisting with new and innovative messaging technologies including list management, email blast programs such as Constant Contact, web platforms, local and national events, and demand generation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years proven track record in prior sales or sales support, including the ability to meet annual sales goals under the direction of the Business Development Director
- Demonstrated excellence in communication (both written and verbal), diplomatic savvy and relationship management
- Must be self-driven with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Professional, versatile and collaborative with a committed work ethic
- Dedication and passion for learning and communicating ABI’s mission and vision
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities while managing timelines, multiple tasks and deadlines effectively
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in working with Salesforce.com or a CRM system
In addition to a rewarding compensation package, Anita Borg Institute offers medical, dental and vision coverage to employees and eligible dependents. Other benefits include paid holidays, a generous PTO plan and a work-from-home schedule.
Qualified candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Anita Borg Institute
The Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology was founded in 1994 by renowned computer scientist Anita Borg, Ph.D. (1949-2003). Through our work every day, the Anita Borg Institute provides resources and programs that help industry, academia and government connect, inspire and guide women in computing to meet the growing global need for technology workers and to increase technological innovation. ABI programs inspire women technologists, foster community and provide tools to help them develop their careers. The Institute works with industry partners to make the global technology workplace more welcoming to women.